Two local events to help you remember 9/11 this Friday and honor those who were lost on that day and those fighting to ensure it doesn't happen again. The first in the morning at the State Capital:
A Patriot Day Ceremony will be held on Friday, September 11 at 7:15 a.m. on the steps of the Minnesota State Capital to honor those who were injured, lost their lives, and those who served during the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. The ceremony will follow the specific guidelines of the executive order creating Patriot Day signed into law by President Bush.
The Patriot Day program will begin at 7:15 am and will conclude by 8:30 am. Participating in the public address and moment of silence include: Former Congressman Jim Ramstad, VFW Honor Guard, Pastor Tim Skramstad, soloist Lacy Canfield, Community Relations Director for Governor Pawlenty, Lee Buckley, St. Paul Fire Chief Tim Butler, St. Paul Police Assistant Chief Matt Bostrom, Erik Aamoth - 9-11 family member, and Tom Goodrich, US Army--Retired.
WWTC AM 1280 will broadcast the program in its entirety.
Citizens from all walks of life who have served our country will be honored during the services. Local officials as well as police, fire, clergy, active and reserve military personnel from all military branches and veterans will be represented on the steps of the capital.
The second is in the evening. Linden Hills 911 Tribute;
The 8th Annual 9-11 Tribute will again take place on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Lake Harriet Band Shell. Join us for another evening of music and remembrance of the events that took place on 9-11-2001. We will again have a march for the young people. All that participate will receive an American Flag to wave.
2009 Concert Program
Lake Harriet Bandshell--Friday, September 11, 2009, 7:00 P. M.
Orchestra Conductor--Manny Laureano
Chorus Conductor--John Hoffacker
Tribute Producer--Bob Bayers
* Fanfare for a Common Man and Raising of The American Flag Aaron Copland 9-11 Tribute Orchestra
* Flag Processional and Scotland The Brave Heroes of '76 unit of Minnesota Chapter #25, National Sojourners, Zuhrah Shrine Pipes & Drums
* The Star-Spangled Banner 9-11 Tribute Orchestra (Audience sing-along)
Flag Tribute Heroes of '76*
* Invocation Tyler Christiansen-Pastor Lake Harriet United Methodist Church
* Welcome Co-hosts Mike Binkley and Angela Davis, WCCO 4 TV
* Groove--Shelly Hanson 9-11 Tribute Orchestra
* Adagio for Strings--Samuel Barber 9-11 Tribute Orchestra
* Armed Forces Salute--arr. Lowden 9-11 Tribute Orchestra
* Washingon Post March--John Phillip Sousa 9-11 Tribute Orchestra
* America the Beautiful--Samuel Ward/Katherine Lee Bates/arr. A. Luck 9-11 Tribute Orchestra & Chorus (Audience sing-along)
* Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor--Irving Berlin 9-11 Tribute Orchestra & Chorus
* Va, Pensiero from Nabucco--Giuseppi Verdi 9-11 Tribute Orchestra & Chorus
* Let me fly--Robert DeCormier 9-11 Tribute Chorus
* 9/11/2001 Flashback--Victims Remembrance Banners Revealed Mike Binkley and Angela Davis
* 1812 Overture--Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky9-11 Tribute Orchestra & Chorus
* Amazing Grace 9-11 *World Premier*--Traditional/arr. Joshua Clausen Zuhrah Shrine Pipes & Drums, 9-11 Tribute Orchestra/Chorus
* Candlelight Vigil--God Bless America--Irving Berlin/Roy Ringwald 9-11 Tribute Orchestra & Chorus (Audience sing-along)