The Twins are all but eliminated from the playoffs and I have already finished passing through the Kübler-Ross model for the five stages of grief. As a Minnesota sports fan, I tend to go through the stages in the reverse order:
1. Acceptance – Of course the Twins lost, they always lose to the Yankees .
2. Depression – Why do I do this to myself? Why do I bother watching the Twins?
3. Bargaining – If I go to more games next year, maybe the Yankees won’t make the playoffs.
4. Anger – Those #%#(*&$ umps have to be paid off. I hope the Rangers kick Yankee ass.
5. Denial – Now that the Vikings have Moss, the Super Bowl is ours!