John Hawkins recently polled a group of conservative bloggers on the 2012 GOP race and the results were surprising (at least to me).
Firstly, it was revealing to see that Romney now solidly leads the pack:
1) If you had to pick the GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee today, which of the following candidates would you select?
4) Ron Paul: 4.4% (3 votes)
3) Rick Santorum: 20.6% (14 votes)
2) Newt Gingrich: 27.9% (19 votes)
1) Mitt Romney: 47.1% (32 votes)
And secondly, the belief that whomever the GOP nominates will eventually prevail in November:
7) Who do you think is more likely to win in November?
2) Barack Obama: 41.8% (28 votes)
1) The GOP’s nominee: 58.2% (39 votes)
Wish I could share that optimism.