Saturday, October 12, 2013
HWX, with CJ Box
It’s another Saturday afternoon special edition of the Hinderaker-Ward Experience. John Hinderaker of Power Line and Brian Ward of Fraters Libertas reconvene to review the critical issues of our times. Topics addressed:
* The glory and labors of autumn
* The federal government partial shutdown and debt ceiling increase, related but not congruent issues (with an appearance by Cartoon Obama)
* The Obamacare roll out, unmitigated disaster or the dream of the Founders finally realized?
* Loon of the Week, Sen. Bernie Sanders identifying the puppet masters behind the GOP plans
* This Week in Gatekeeping, the Associated Press is featured, asking the question one TM as good as another?
They are also joined by best selling novelist CJ Box. He talks about his latest book, The Highway, previews his next book in the Joe Pickett series, and recounts his run in with the enforcers of the National Park Service.
This episode was brought to you by our friends at Encounter Books. Their catalog includes the new book Terms of Engagement: How Our Courts Should Enforce the Constitution's Promise of Limited Government. Listeners of Ricochet can get this book at a special price. Enter the code "RICOCHET" at checkout for an additional 15% off. Our thanks to Encounter Books for their support.
Finally, in the words of the cartoon version of our great President:
There are many ways to hear the podcast, including over on the mothership at Ricochet. You can be sure to never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes. Or just use the player embedded in the upper right hand corner of this website. If all of these fail, send me an email and I'll come to your house and read from a written transcript. Hope you enjoy.