Monday, September 26, 2016

HWX: Hillary Freshly Roasted

It’s a special pre-Presidential debate episode of HWX with Brian Ward and Paul Happe. They set the stage with some in-depth analysis of Hillary’s vital signs and Trump’s surging poll numbers. Also coverage of Hillary’s latest attempt to humanize herself, and we have exclusive audio, of Comedy Central’s upcoming Roast of Hillary Clinton.

HWX is brought to you by SimpliSafe.  Home security that is wireless, portable, easy to install, and with no long-term contracts.   Protect your home the smart way.  Go right now and you’ll also get free shipping on your order and a free keychain remote, worth $25. It takes only a minute to get started. Visit

There are many ways to hear the podcast, including over on the mother ship at Ricochet.  You can be sure to never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes.  Or you can just use the player embedded in the upper right hand corner of this website.

If you liked the show, please tell a friend. And if you didn’t, STOW it. 

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Give Us Your Hungry

Sad news out of St. Paul, with the closing of a Grand Avenue treasure:

After almost 28 years in business, Barbary Fig on Grand Avenue is closing for good after its final service on Monday.

Combine this with the recent closing of the Big 10 Restaurant on University Avenue and my biographical bar hopping tour has gotten a significantly shorter.

Owner Brahim Hadj-Moussa, 61, said it’s just time for him to get out.
Hadj, who speaks three languages, is from “Algeria via France.” His family lived in both countries.

In this era of immigration controversy, it’s good to be reminded of a success story.   At least it was a success for the host country.  Mr Hadj on the other hand …

Hadj said the scratch cooking part of owning the Mediterranean restaurant was his favorite, but “that’s only 10 percent of owning a restaurant. The other 90 percent is managing the people and the building. That 90 percent sucks, sometimes royally. I want to live a little. I haven’t done anything but go to work, come home from work, think about work and go back to work for all these years.”

Ah, the American dream.

I think it’s only fair to provide full disclosure for all of our new immigrants going forward and  I suggest we add a little something that inscription on the base of the Statue of Liberty:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Just be prepared go to work, come home from work, think about work and go back to work. Sometimes it sucks, royally.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016


Dialog from the Seinfeld Episode The Doodle:

Kramer: Well it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm.

Elaine: Unbridled enthusiasm...?

Kramer: Well , that's what led to Billy Mumphrey's downfall.

Elaine: Oh! boy.

Kramer: You see Elaine, Billy was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Quotes from one of Colin Powell’s recently exposed e-mails:

'I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect. A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still di**ing bimbos at home (according to the NYP),'

Deception? Greed? Lust? Unbridled? Downfall? A simple country boy named Billy? The high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue?

C'mon, that's almost too perfect. If only there was a Seinfeld episode that mentioned dicking bimbos...